We need someone to write 300-500 words about the Rosetta Mission to go with this excellent example of film making. Could that be you??? Just get in touch using the box on the right or email the webmaster here:
Tag Archives | asteroid collision astronomical distance scales black holes bright lights in the sky careers celestial events comets constellations cosmic distances cosmic microwave background cosmic rays cosmology d
What’s six miles wide and can end civilization in an instant? An asteroid — and there are lots of them out there. With humour and great visuals, Phil Plait enthrals the TEDx Boulder audience with all the ways asteroids can kill, and what we must do to avoid them.
NASA has announced a study to explore the impact of the conditions that astronauts might experience while travelling in space. NASA hopes to find out what physical changes occur to scientists on these missions and how much body function is required for a person to complete a specific task.The information will be used to develop […]
There are some very favourable passes over the next few days which you might want to check out here: http://iss.astroviewer.net/observation.php. For those of you less familiar to this type of resource you will notice a box on the right hand side at the top that says ‘Your location’. Click ‘change location’ and drag the map until […]
A short description of the joys and challenges of astronomy from Colin Henshaw in Saudi Arabia. The night sky from Saudi does not look all that much different from that seen in the U.K. except that you have another twenty or so degrees of southern sky. At southern culmination the circumpolar constellations are upside down, […]
These photographs were taken by one of the society members Colin Henshaw who lives in Saudi Arabia. The sequence of images was taken every night for a month in June 2011, and was rather […]
A video that logs some of the great discoveries that havebeen made by the Hubble telescope. Possibly one of the most famous telescopes in history.
Search our blog by catagory
Recent Blog Posts
- New post: Images of the Veil Nebula in Cygnus https://t.co/ZtagcXV1JW, Dec 9
- New post: Andromeda Galaxy – by Rodger King https://t.co/kvU2Hks8rf, Dec 8
- Happy New Year everyone. Our first meeting of 2018 is this Friday, 5th January at 8pm at Timperley Village Club, 268 Stockport Rd, WA15 7UT, Jan 1
- Happy solstice day. Here's an explanation of why the Winter Solstice is the shortest day from one of our members… https://t.co/55CsYin3iJ, Dec 21
- RT @rb357: This morning's close conjunction between Venus and Jupiter #Venus #Jupiter #Conjunction https://t.co/1G1E7LHDRz, Nov 13