This video is of a talk by Eddie and Ewan the ‘Ant and Dec’ of the society. In their discussion one of them takes the part of supporting the moon landing and the other against the moon landing taking place. The Moon landing conspiracy theories claim that some or all elements of the […]
Archive | Moon RSS feed for this section
These are a few photos from our March 7th meeting. The skies cleared and most of the 40 members went into the car park to look through the two large goto telescopes we had set up. Members could look at the moon, Jupiter and an array of stars in the night sky. Several newer […]
This is a photo of the moon that I took in December from Timperley using a Skywatcher Equinox ED80, 2xBarlow giving 1000mm focal length and a Canon EOS600D on a Celestron CGEM mount. Photo copyright Neil Booth 2014 all rights reserved. For further details please contact ADAS webmaster
These shots were taken on 11 December 2013 at 5:45pm through my 4” telescope with a Polaroid i733 digital camera and touched up with Windows live photo gallery. Photos courtesy of Ged Birbeck, ADAS member. This does show what you can do with fairly basic equipment. If you want to learn how to […]
On Saturday 16th November several members of the Society attended the Jodrell Bank Astronomy Event. The evening began with a talk by Professor Jamie Gilmour about the make up of the universe, the physical difference between Comets and Asteroids what the planets are made of and how they came about. Following the talk, […]
Gerald Birbeck This picture was taken by me last year in Agden, Lymm using a 4″ reflector with a 25mm wide eyepiece. I put my small Polaroid i733 digital camera with a 7mp lens up to the eye piece and took the shot. It shows what can be done by amateurs with fairly basic equipment.
These stunning photographs were taken by Colin Henshaw who lives in Tabuk, Saudi Arabia, on November 3rd., 2013, where the eclipse was partial.
These photographs were taken by one of the society members Colin Henshaw who lives in Saudi Arabia. The sequence of images was taken every night for a month in June 2011, and was rather […]
Search our blog by catagory
Recent News and Articles
- RT @mr_sidebottom: DID YOU KNOW...frank was a keen star-gazer and a member of the Altrincham + District Astronomer's Society? Based i… https://t.co/oHRwn5dmKN, Feb 22
- ADAS meeting tonight, 8pm at Timperley Village Club, Stockport Rd. We have Ian Morison from Jodrell Bank speaking o… https://t.co/XVT6xooGiv, Feb 1
- New post: Documentary Film – Nostalgia for the Light https://t.co/n0aDucqGjJ, Jan 24
- One of our members @rb357 took this time lapse video of the Sep 2015 total lunar eclipse https://t.co/iTDNZ844kQ… https://t.co/c0fs9Y8saL, Jan 20
- It's a total lunar eclipse tonight in the early hours. The last one of the 2010s. UK timings 02:36 Eclipse begins 0… https://t.co/UJpdfcGu7O, Jan 20