There is a G3 category aurora (visible to the south of England) predicted this evening, dropping to G2 (visible to the Midlands) by midnight. Unfortunately, with the very long evenings and constant light to the north, it may well drown out everything. Still, it might be worth a butcher’s tonight.
About Chris SuddickI'm a former chairman and secretary of the society and the current meetings secretary. I have only half the number of heads and two-thirds the number of arms of the part time galactic president, Zaphod Beeblebrox, but I do have twice the charm.
Search our blog by catagory
Recent News and Articles
- ADAS meeting tonight, 8pm, at Timperley Village Club, Stockport Rd, WA15 7UT. We have Dr Colin Steele from Manchest… https://t.co/txupUtfZW9, Apr 5
- ADAS meeting tonight, 8pm, at Timperley Village Club, Stockport Rd, WA15 7UT. We have John Anderson from High Legh… https://t.co/7r9n8WmQ3Z, Mar 1
- RT @mr_sidebottom: DID YOU KNOW...frank was a keen star-gazer and a member of the Altrincham + District Astronomer's Society? Based i… https://t.co/oHRwn5dmKN, Feb 22
- ADAS meeting tonight, 8pm at Timperley Village Club, Stockport Rd. We have Ian Morison from Jodrell Bank speaking o… https://t.co/XVT6xooGiv, Feb 1
- New post: Documentary Film – Nostalgia for the Light https://t.co/n0aDucqGjJ, Jan 24